Here are 3 very bad defects I came across yesterday in a basement florescent fixture installation. First, it is fed with bare wire. Not good. Unsafe as far as potential fire hazard by having no shielding of any kind around wires to contain a spark. Also creates electrocution hazard because fixture is not grounded in any way. (Good thing there is never any moisture on a basement floor! ) Second, the junction box is left wide open. (See above on containing sparks) and Third, the knock out (hole in side of box) is left open. Again, these boxes are scientifically designed for safety. Sparks and arcs from shorts are contained in them when they are installed properly. When not? A fire hazard results!